Blueprint Reading I & II
Everyone in the construction industry feels more accomplished when they can read and understand construction drawings. This quick-start approach exposes participants to the fundamental nomenclature of construction drawings and specifications and works systematically through the various disciplines.
1 – General Overview
- What do the lines and abbreviations mean and how are they used?
- Similarities and differences between various discipline drawings.
- How plans and specifications work together.
- Explore the “road signs” and get comfortable navigating a set of plans.
3- Architectural and Structural
4- Electrical, Plumbing and Mechanical
Learning Objectives / Outcomes
Upon completion participants will:
- know how to navigate commercial plans and specifications
- be able to follow the ‘roadmaps’ to find the required information
- know how to read various plan and detail notes
- understand the various views
- understand what material schedules are and how to use them
- perform basic plan takeoff activities
- know the basic relationship between plans and specs