- This event has passed.
Cal/OSHA Standards for General Industry – OSHA 5119
August 14, 2017 - August 17, 2017
Developed in partnership with CAL/OSHA, this 4-day course emphasizes Title 8 general industry standards and compliance. Topics include
- Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP)
- Multi-employer and dual employer
- Machinery and machine guarding
- Hazardous materials
- Confined space
- Industrial hygiene
- Lock out/tag out
- Electrical safety
- Heat Illness Prevention
- Many other safety topics
Individuals who wish to be authorized by OSHA to teach the Cal/OSHA versions of the 10- and 30-hour General Outreach Training Program classes must fulfill the following requirements:
- Must be a current authorized OSHA General Industry Outreach Training Program trainer OR become an authorized OSHA General Industry Outreach Training Program trainer within six (6) months after completing OSHA 5119 class. Trainers should note that the Cal/OSHA Partnership endorsement expires on the same date as their authorized Outreach trainer card.
- Must have a minimum of one year of verifiable safety and health experience with an organization governed by Cal/OSHA standards. Outreach Trainers will be required to sign a “Statement of Eligibility” form, prior to, or in their Cal/OSHA Partnership authorization course.
- Complete OSHA #5119 Cal/OSHA Standards for General Industry. Outreach trainers are not required to take the Cal/OSHA Partnership Trainer course from the same OTI Education Center from which they took their Federal General Outreach Training Program trainer course. Trainer will receive a separate card indicating their trainer authorization.
Trainers who receive their OSHA Outreach Training Program trainer card after completing OSHA #5119 Cal/OSHA Standards for General Industry class must contact the OTI Education Center which sponsored the Cal/OSHA Partnership class they participated in to sign a “Statement of Eligibility” form and receive their Cal/OSHA General Industry Outreach trainer card.