$200 – CCBE & NAWIC Members /
$350 – Non-Members
Everyone in the construction industry feels more accomplished when they can read and understand construction drawings. They are served even better when they know how to estimate construction work using those drawings. This quick-start approach exposes participants to the fundamental nomenclature of construction drawings and specifications as it works systematically through the estimating / bid process.
What is covered In this all-day hands-on workshop???
– General overview of the plans and specs
– What do the lines and abbreviations mean and how are they used?
– Similarities and differences between various discipline drawings.
– How plans and specifications work together.
– Explore the “road signs” and get comfortable navigating a set of plans.
– Perform quantity and material takeoffs
– Create a Work Breakdown Structure
– Apply costs
– Learn about overhead and profit and how to apply it to the
estimate / bid
– Complete a cost estimate
Presented by: Paul Stout ~ Power Summit
Paul Stout is a construction project manager, estimator, LEED Accredited Professional, facilitator, seminar instructor, and the AGC of America’s 2009 National Instructor of the Year. He brings more than twenty-three years of practical, hands-on construction experience to the arena. From Laborer to Project Manager, Paul advanced through the ranks to learn the industry from the inside out.
Paul is the founder and Director of Education Development for Power Summit a national training company. His understanding of the construction process, vast experience and dynamic presentation skills enables him to write and present seminar material with authority and conviction. Since 1999, Paul has presented or facilitated more than 450 construction training seminars, workshops and partnering sessions in 60 US cities spanning 22 states. His experience and personal qualities make him a popular choice for Partnering and event facilitation, consulting and in house training assignments.